Glue is a values-based business.
We believe we can foster a community around our shared beliefs and principles, building a stable foundation allowing our organisation, and people to flourish.
We’re continually evolving our well-being program to build emotional intelligence across the business, to shape a sustainable and positive mindset and an authentic leadership culture. Our program dives deep into topics such as:
- Building resilience and self-care
- Practising positive self-talk
- Maintaining morale and optimism
- Practising active listening
- Understanding behaviours and mindsets
- Managing habit change
- Understanding positive vocabulary
- Blockers and enablers of creative thinking
- Rewarding yourself
Professional development plays a big part in wellbeing. We firmly believe that people don’t work for us - they work for themselves. This is why we provide them with a motive, a mission, and a vision to work towards.
This appears in many forms, from our overall mission statement and how we communicate that, to our career development frameworks that cater for managerial and individual contributor pathways, through to technical training and development.
We also encourage, plan, incentivise, and reward many different physical and dietary initiatives throughout the year as part of our cultural development framework.
We believe that meaningful cultures are born authentically around core belief systems rather than managed environments. Trust is an anchor for authenticity, but trust is gained rather than trained. The base component of trust is Honesty.
Once Honesty is embedded into the culture, other behaviours organically develop.
Like our Wellbeing program, we have a series of training programs specifically designed to help our people develop an awareness of how to identify, practice, and value these principles, such as:
- Maintaining privacy and discretion
- Reflecting and responding constructively
- Listening to feedback and learning acceptance
- The value of being straightforward whilst exercising tact
- Implications of exaggerating and embellishing
Professionalism plays a significant role in our people development program. Professionalism doesn’t only set expectations and standards as to how we conduct ourselves, but it plays a critical role in positively influencing everything around it.
Our professional development programme is designed to continually build an understanding of behavioural frameworks in a professional environment, building toolkits, empathy, and a code of conduct which governs our practices:
- Handling difficult conversations
- Directive and non-directive leadership
- Understanding team dynamics
- Managing change and transition
- Understanding boundaries
- Identifying toxic behaviours
- Culture of customer excellence
- Effective time management
- Developing confidence and authority
- Presentation and negotiating skills
To round this off, we have a value appreciation scheme that encourages and acknowledges when we practise these core values, inside and outside of the workplace. This forms the basis of our incentivisation system, when we hit a threshold, the whole team is rewarded!